InfiView™ - The Ajax Framework for Data Visualization
Present huge, complex and live data in a clear and graphical way, over the web.
- InfiView is a Software Development Platform.
- Connect InfiView with real-time data (of any size, even infinite), and present anything from social and geo-location to diagrams and maps, in a web browser.
- InfiView applications can be complete web applications or embedded controls.
Connect InfiView with real-time data, of any size, from any given datasource, and present it in a web browser:
- Social (Twitter, Facebook, Digg etc.)
- Maps and geolocation services
- Multi-user systems, e.g. Mindmapping, Dashboards, Rule engines, LDAP Tools, BPM Charts etc.
See more movies and screencasts at: movies & screencasts
InfiView 2.2 - Latest Version
Based on Bindows 4.2, supporting all major browsers, new layout algorithm and more; For more details see: InfiView 2.2
Pure Ajax - Zero Footprint
InfiView is 100% built in Bindows,
so you get pure Ajax technology. Everything runs in the browser, no downloads, no installations (no Java, Flash, plug-ins or ActiveX are used).
It also means the most powerful Ajax technology in the market, with the richest GUI and object-oriented development (and used by more than 500,000 business users).
Any Data Size (even infinite)
InfiView and its advanced dynamic memory technology, enables use of ANY data size (from very small all the way to infinite). For more information about this unique technology: InfiView Space.
All Major Browsers
InfiView 2.2 is based on Bindows 4.2 with its enhanced browsers support (including Internet Explorer 10, Firefox 22, Safari 5.1, and Chrome 27).
Write your application once and it will run in all major browsers.
Integrated Layers System
With InfiView your applications can include multiple layers (for example, a layer of a map application, a layer of network topology, a layer of a live dashboard, etc.). You have full control of how transparent is each layer (and you can interactively change it).
All the layers can be tied together (so if you zoom or pan in one layer, it affects all layers).Click here for more details
<--- CLICK to run
InfiView includes various layout algorithms.
The layouts are designed with flexibility and extensibility in mind, so that they can be used as building blocks for applications.
InfiView includes two different classes of layouts: for trees, and for general graphs.
- TreeLayout. A standard layout for rooted trees displayed in a hierarchical manner.
- WedgeTreeLayout. This layout positions subtrees in a circular fashion around parent nodes.
- BalloonTreeLayout. This layout places the subtrees of a node in circles, which are themselves placed on the circumference on a big circle around the node.
General Graph Layouts
- SingleCircleLayout. This layout places all nodes on the circumference of a circle.
- BiconnectedComponentLayout. This layout partitions the graph into clusters and lays them out in a circular fashion.
- Hierarchical Layout. This layout algorithm presents the graph in a hierarchical layout.
The polygonal edges enables creation of edges with any polygonal shape, color, gradient, arrows and more.
<--- CLICK to run
Live Motion & Flow
<--- CLICK to run
Inside the demo, click the Start button, move the slider to change the speed.
You can use this to develop applications presenting actual process flow and live location and movement.
Several examples, a live metro/subway application, showing location and movement of all the train cars (or buses) in real time, or money flow in a corporation, and how much is currently available in every site, or, live supply chain application, etc.
As a programmer you have full control over the weight of the edges (lines or any polygon), their color, the speed and direction of the animation, you can tie it to real life events - and of course, the whole layout could be programatically generated and updated from database(s).
Grouping (groups created programmatically)
Now you can programmatically create groups. InfiView will automatically switch the display from groups to items depending on the zoom level.
InfiView supports nested groups. If a group is collapsed, all its internal edges are hidden, and external edges are drawn to the group.
This capability, coupled with the support for infinite data size, enable you to present infinite size data, in a clear, legible way, at any zoom level.Click here for more details
Snap to grid
With the help of grids it is now easier to create certain types of graphs and diagrams. The grid automatically arranges nodes and is zoomable.
It is now possible to print the contents of the viewport.
- The API documentation is much improved
- A large selection of new documents is now included with the package
- Old documents have been updated with the latest changes and also improved
- Many new sample applications have been added and old samples have been improved
- The XML Schema contains documentation from the API that can be viewed while editing XML
A schema is a file that you can link to from your ADF to get certain benefits while developing InfiView and Bindows applications. Your code editor must support this feature for it to work. The InfiView and Bindows XML Schemas that ship with InfiView are used primarily for three things:
- Code Completion. As you type XML tags and properties in your ADF, your editor will be able to suggest which tags to use by looking at the schema to see which ones are allowed. Code completion works for both attributes and tags.
- Integrated API Documentation. We have integrated the API documentation inside the schema so that you can bring up information about tags and properties without leaving your editor. By default the API pops up automatically as part of code completion in Eclipse. In IntelliJ IDEA is a little less obtrusive and you have to press Ctrl+Q to view documentation on the tag or property where the cursor is currently positioned.
- Error Highlighting. Misspelled tags will be highlighted in red by your editor.
Open & Extendable Platform
InfiView is an open platform software - you define and select your tools, interface, style and logic. You do it by either modifying XML templates (provided) or by using the InfiView wizard.
InfiView integrated layering system enables placement of smart layer(s) over existing data, static or dynamic (for example: maps, flowcharts, schematic diagrams, LDAP and SNMP) thus creating powerful interactive applications.
InfiView is enterprise strength. It is fully object oriented and built for extension. It can be used to develop enterprise multi-layered, Ajax applications that are programmatically generated, graphical, interactive and dynamic, using ANY data size and any language. Several potential enterprise InfiView applications are:
Use With ANY Map
InfiView's open architecture and it's integrated layers system enables live use of dissimilar maps (for example, geographical, weather, traffic, political, etc.), or webmaps from multiple sources (for example Google, Microsoft, Yahoo) for any InfiView applications.
<--- CLICK to run
The Bindows™ platform provides:
- A class based, Object Oriented API
- A complete windowing system
- Native XML, SOAP and XML-RPC support
- Supports enterprise scale projects
- Cross-browser, cross-platform support
- Server independent architecture
- Interoperability with new and existing resources
- Uniform development methodology
Rich & Thin
With InfiView you do not need to choose between rich (interface) and thin (client). Your InfiView applications can be as graphically rich as any modern desktop application and extremely thin (and of course zero-footprint). InfiView applications are:
- Rich, customizable, with desktop-like GUI components
- Run in standard browsers without any installation (zero-footprint)
- No proprietary clients, runtime engines, or plug-ins
Your InfiView applications are agnostic to:
- Server - any server (Java, .NET, PHP, etc. can be used with Bindows)
- Backend platform - Any backend hardware and backend software
- Operating system - Any operating system can be used on the client (as long as it includes a supported browser)
- Language - All languages supported. Bindows supports Unicode
- Browser - most browsers are supported (i.e., Internet Explorer 5.5 and higher, Mozilla 1.4 and higher, Netscape 7.1 and higher, Firefox, K-Meleon, and Camino)
XML and Web Services
InfiView applications are defined by XML data and supports standard SOAP Web Services.
Complete windowing system, including:
- Application window
- Internal windows (both MDI and SDI)
- Dialog boxes and message boxes
- Interacts with Web Services
- Supports client-side charting and gauges which are both rich, scalable and dynamic (animations)
- Allows easy internationalization of applications, including using the operation system language used by the user